Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote, president of AmCham Guatemala, lobbied Odebrecht
Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote, president of AmCham Guatemala, acted in Odebrecht’s corrupt interests. The Brazilian company “Odebrecht” executed the greatest corruption act in the last 30 years of history, which involved 12 countries and, only in Guatemala, defrauded US $384 millions that were destined for construction. Several Guatemalan politicians were deeply implicated, between them the main Guatemalan fiscal Thelma Aldana, Juan Francisco Sandoval and many others that are now paying their crimes in jail, or are about to. But someone has not been noticed, the lawyer Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote, who really lobbied that corruption case, and who is as well suspicious of many other corrupt acts.
The Guatemalan people were robbed; US $ 384 million were destined for the construction of two important roads, but the work wasn’t finished, although it was overvalued; instead, the Odebrecht construction Firm bribed several important politicians, and then sued the Guatemalan people.
Thelma Aldana was the fiscal, Juan Francisco Sandoval was in the same side, and Odebrecht was in the opposite side when they contracted a Lawyers´Firm, “Central Law”, that helped them redacting an agreement between both sides, which was not only stealthily, but also dirty.
The head of this Lawyers´ Firm is Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote, also the President of AmCham Guatemala and a big collaborator to CICIG and FECI.
But he is involved in more corruption acts
Although this lawyer screams in public that corruption has to be defeated, and also represents a country whose President (Joe Biden) declares that fighting corruption is his main priority, also has some suspicious issues that must be clarified.
- First of all, the name “Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote” pops up 26 times when you make a search in the “Panama Papers”.
- Second, he has helped a Mining Company called “Solway” and its subsidiary in Guatemala “CGN” to disobey an important prohibition that banned mining in Izabal; he, in fact, advised Solway to ignore that ban and resume its mining activities in that region, although the mayan people there didn’t want that. And more, they even killed people there during protests against the Mining activity, because the russian company was polluting the water and environment there.
- Third, he is involved with Federico Machado, sharing the same notifications address for “Central Law ” and “Minas del Pueblo ”, Machado´s illegal mining Company in Guatemala. Moreover, Machado is wanted by Interpol and CIA, accused on charges of drug traffic, illegal money laundering and fraud. He is now on trial in Florida.
- Fourth, he is co-founder of Diaz-Durán Lawyers´Firm, seated in Panama, best remembered for being the heir of Mossack-Fonseca, the company that helped hundreds of corrupt politicians all around the world, to launder their dirty money.
- And fifth, he lobbied this Odebrecht fraud, extortion and bribing.
The Panama Papers and Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote
This set of documents was leaked from Mossack-Fonseca, and there were revealed millions of corrupt deals, illegal money, and even stolen art from all over the world. They used to open offshore accounts in banks seated in “Fiscal Paradise” countries, commercial companies that were used just to launder money, and more illegal activities.
A “Fiscal Paradise ”, like Panama, is a country where laws don’t obligate people to declare where their money comes from, and where taxes are also very low. So the account owners do not have to explain anything to anyone about their capital, whatsoever amount or origin.
And Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote has set up 26 companies there, and the same amount of offshore accounts. The companies don’t show any financial movement, but the accounts are large.
Juan Pablo Carrasco – President of AmCham Guatemala
But it would be enough just one of them, even just one suspicion, to remove this man from the directorship of this honorable north-american organization in Guatemala.
But no. They have recently re-elected Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote as their chairman, their leader and representant of the US People in Guatemala.
Joe Biden said he would fight corruption in many Latin-american countries, and that he would invest also in those countries, huge amounts of money that will be handled by Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote.
The FECI and other anti-corruption entities should investigate this man Juan Pablo Carrasco de Groote.